After joining relevant Facebook Groups, consider starting your own.
Creating a Facebook group is a great way to establish your own online community, increase name recognition, provide V.I.P. services, and most importantly, be a thought leader in your industry.
Here's how to create your own Facebook Group:
1. Go to your left-hand, vertical menu and, under "Groups", click on "Create Group".
2. Fill in your group information:
- The name of your group
- Who you want to include (Facebook will auto-suggest friends as you begin typing)
- Your privacy setting:
For community building & increasing name recognition.
For more control on who can join. Can still be found in search, the members list will be public, and their posts are public and might be seen in their friends' News Feed.
Will not show up in search, the member list is private, and their posts will not be public.
Pick a descriptive name that includes keywords that can be easily found through search by your ideal clients or community members.
3. Next, choose an icon for your group. An icon gives people an instant clue as to your group's general subject. (You may skip this step if you wish.)
4. You'll be prompted to write your "Welcome" message. If you have a very small group, you can chat with group members.
5. If you see that Chat is an option for you, you can chat with all members at the same time by clicking on the "Select all" button, or just select a few by clicking on their checkbox.
6. When not in chat mode, you and other members of your group will be able to make posts, which (if the group is secret) only you and your group will see. You can discuss a subject, ask questions – and all members should welcome new members to the group, when you introduce them.
Time to start your group! If you created a public Facebook Group, comment below with your link and let us know who can join.